Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Claire's First Christmas-Rewind

We've been on the go for about a week now so I'm just getting around to blogging about Claire's first Christmas. When I load pictures on to Blogger they always load in reverse order. Normally I take the time to reverse them, but this time I'm not. So, here goes our Christmas week in reverse order.

After a cancellation on Sunday, we finished up our family functions Monday night with the Read side of the family. We headed back to LeRoy to celebrate Trever's & Mom's birthdays and visit with my cousin Mike who was back from California/New York (he's in the middle of a move). We didn't take any pictures that night.

Sunday Trever preached to a congregation of 10, including himself. We spent the day taking down decorations, putting aways gifts and shampooing the carpet. Claire slept a lot trying to catch up from her busy weekend.

Saturday we headed to Greg & Kathy's for brunch and gift opening. Claire got a super cool princess CD that sings her name in it. She and daddy were dancing along to it and she LOVED it!


Claire enjoyed ripping the paper and then putting it in her mouth. She got some cool clothes from Gammy & Papa.

The best part about Christmas is getting to spend time with our family. We don't get to see Caisey nearly enough, but in good Aunt fashion here is a picture of Caisey with her new undies!


Christmas day we headed to Grandma Ficklin's house. Claire REFUSED to take a nap, but she finally gave up and slept on mommy for a while.



The day started in matching outfits for the two little girls. But after a series of blow outs for both of them, we never got a picture of them all dressed up together. But here is a picture of Claire with Caisey and Maddison. Trever's aunts and uncles were having a hard time telling the girls apart!


Trever got some warm clothes from Grandma Ficklin.


And Claire got her first santa hat.

Before we headed to Onarga we unwrapped our gifts from each other. I got some beautiful earrings from Trever and Claire gave me some make-up. Every morning Claire sits and stares at me when I put my make-up on and dry my hair so her daddy thought it was appropriate gift. Trever got new clippers for the cows and a book about the history of the National Junior Angus Association. And Claire got a new toy box made especially for her by her daddy.
We went to Christmas Eve service in Onarga. We thought Claire would stay asleep in her carseat, but boy were we wrong. She was awake the entire service!

Christmas eve night we spent at Grandma Builta's house. Here is a picture of all of the family in attendance.

And a picture of our little family...

My brother gave me a new card for my camera for Christmas. I guess the pictures from mom and dad's house must be on it!
We made out like bandits like usual. But that's not the point of the Christmas season. We enjoyed the excuse to spend time with our families, but we are sure looking forward to things slowing down and getting back to normal too! Hopefully I'll have another update for you soon!









1 comments:

the Voelker's said...

so I totally missed Trever's birthday, what date is it, I need to add it to my calendar!! Sounds like you guys had a fabulous holiday, thanks for taking a little bit of time to see us, it is always great to see you guys!!! Maybe you guys need a date night and we can watch Claire...???!!!!