Saturday, October 15, 2011

A little bit of life

The past few weeks of been my "busy" season at work. All 10,372 acres that we grew this year had to be inspected prior to being harvested. I walk through the fields looking for little guys like this who don't quite look like all of the other soybean plants in the field. I have to check to make sure that there aren't too many pesky little off types out there.
I came across this interesting old crib on one of my trips to Vermillion County.
Claire re-discovered her apron that Grandma Great made for her this week. She loved cooking me dinner in it.
Of course she didn't wear it to help me make her real dinner. She loves helping make scrambled eggs and cereal.
Friday night I let Claire stay up until Trever got home. He helped brush her teeth, but since he isn't home for this most nights he didn't know that Claire HATES her Dora tooth brush. He found out though! And I laughed really hard!!!
Saturday is game day! Claire has to wear her sunglasses in the car!
She also enjoys running off with any spare change that gets left around. I'm hoping that this means she's going to end up with lots of it some day!
We had a rough week around our house this week...including Claire climbing out of her crib one night. So, yesterday her crib got transformed in to a toddler bed. She slept in it last night but was zonked when we got home. This morning she knocked on her door so we would let her out. Nap time was a bit of a challenge, but she stayed in her bed and eventually fell asleep.
After nap, Claire and daddy watched one of daddy's all time favorite movies, The Lion King. She didn't quite sit still for the whole movie and daddy wasn't quite sure how to respond when she asked "what happened to his daddy?" (when Mufasa dies)
We also have been working on going potty today. We had an accident at nap time (my fault, I should have put a diaper on her), one accident when she was outside playing with daddy, and one time she peed through her panties while sitting on the potty...but at least she was sitting on the potty....next step teach her to pull her pants down!

1 comments:

the Voelker's said...

that is a neat bin, something you don't see everyday! The pics in the apron and on the counter crack me up....true Claire shining through!!!