Monday, December 3, 2012

Choices

We were prepared to make lots of choices as parents.  Choosing a name.  Choosing a babysitter.  Choosing their first show pig and heifer.  Choosing where they go to college...well I guess there really is only one choice there.  But choosing the color of your kids first hearing aid..that's not something I ever expected to do. 

I mean, really, how do you make that decision.  What color is he going to like in 3-5 years?  Do you pick one that will blend in with his skin and hair?  Do you pick a color that is going to stand out?  Do you pick purple because that's what his sister would pick if she was getting hearing aids? 

If you want to cast your vote, you can check out your choices here.

While Trever is off choosing which suit to buy for his work trip next week, I'll be pondering be pondering beige or blue.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

BLUE! Let him stand out! The strongest people survive because they stand out! He is a very special little boy and has come so far! I think Kelson would look great in blue! :)

Cindy Brown Polson said...

I'd recommend something that you will be able to see against your carpet or floor! He won't be putting them carefully in their cases for some time yet. Pick something that matches his personality - what color is sweet?

Anonymous said...

Well since they don't have orange as an option. You may as well get him adjusted to having orange and blue for everything humanly possible anyway!

Anonymous said...

Well since they don't have orange as an option. You may as well get him adjusted to having orange and blue for everything humanly possible anyway!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for picking something you can find easier if it is dropped, misplaced etc. Let me know what kind of help you need next week!!! I remember being a "single mom" during the week when Michael was gone!!

Ria

Karly Clark said...

I had a student who had a blue hearing aide (he was in 4th grade when I was student teaching) and he LOVED it!!!! And I agree about not wanting to lose them! Haha I also had a preschool student who enjoyed taking his out when he did not want to listen :)

Unknown said...

BLUE!!! All the way. I've worn glasses since I was 2 1/2 years old, and I was constantly losing them. It helped when they were a bright color that I could find easily.

- Katie Prudek :-)

LeRoyMarian said...

Blue! Years of experience looking for lost ones on playgrounds, in hallways, classroom floors. Not to mention retainers thrown into the lunch garage with the tray contents. Retainers should be bright blue too. :)

Anonymous said...

go bright have a great christmas loving seeing how well and cute he is. you are always in my thoughts and prayers kris cramer