Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wedding Nightmare

My alarm clock was a welcome interruption to my sleep this morning. It didn't take me long to wake up and thank God that my dream wasn't really happening. If any of you are dream doctors, please tell me that this is a sign our wedding will be wonderful, not the nightmare I had last night. I don't remember everything, but enough to know it was bad.

My wedding was a disaster. It was in the church in Bellflower and we didn't have flowers. Following the ceremony, they took the pews out of the church and we had the reception right there. The DJ set up her things up in the pulpit (yeah, she was a woman who was having a blast making my life difficult). She didn't have our first dance song, we didn't have a father/daughter/mother/son dance and everyone left early. Trever was wearing a white t-shirt and workout shorts. Before long he completely disappeared. I remember looking through every nook and cranny in the church for a bottle of wine, hoping to make my reception more enjoyable. Then the few of us that were left (mainly just my bridesmaids) sat on the floor. Eventually, one of my former students showed up. He called me "Miss Builta" and everyone corrected him that I was married now and he couldn't call me that anymore. The last thing I remember was finding Trever. He hugged me, I was sobbing and my alarm clock went off...thank goodness!

Hopefully this is no indication of what our wedding day will be like!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is way too early in the wedding process to be having dreams like this!! That is a dream you have the night before your wedding!

LOL,
rbv

Anonymous said...

At least there was no mention of your mother or giant wrist corsages.
Sleep tight.
mom

Unknown said...

Anxiety. Don't worry, everything will be okay!

Trever & Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What's wrong with a white T-shirt and workout shorts??