Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The word is out!

We're having a baby! We've been anxious to share our news for quite some time but wanted to wait until the time was right to make the announcement.

We actually found out October 12th but had to wait until November 10th to confirm it with the doctor. After a couple of cancelled appointments and playing phone tag with the doctor's office, we finally got to hear a nice strong heartbeat on November 26th. Just in time to share the news with our family on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving morning we headed toward LeRoy a little early to make the announcement to my parents. We gave them a "Thanksgiving card" that was actually a special invitation to meet us at Gibson Area Hospital on ~June 18, 2009 to meet their new grandbaby.

We shared te news with the rest of the Builta's at lunch that day. However, I don't think it really hit them until after we had left. Then Kirk started text messaging me with lots of off the wall name options.

We made an early exit from Grandma's house so that we could make it to Greg & Kathy's before Trever's grandparent's left. We made it and shared our invitation with them as well.

Today we are at 12 weeks and 5 days. Just a couple of more days and I'll be out of the first tri-mester. Overall I think things have been going fairly well. Trever can't understand how I can sleep for 11-12 hours a night and still be tired the next day. Besides being tired ALL THE TIME, I've felt pretty good. I head back to the doctor's on December 22nd for a routine appointment.

We look forward to more updates as the pregnancy progresses, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

the Voelker's said...

so happy for you guys! I still can't believe "my little Krista" is going to be a mommy! Guess we have gone full circle, I baby-sat you, you baby-sat for my children and now my children can babysit your children. Wow!!! The tired bit will go away soon, hang in there!

Jessie S. said...

It's so good to read this. Mom told me a couple of days ago, but I didn't know if the news was supposed to be "public" yet, so I kept my mouth shut. Now I can say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

MJ said...

So excited for you! We look forward to watching you enjoy pregnancy and welcome your little one!