Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another appointment

I had another appointment last night with the doctor. Once again it was pretty routine. We go back in two weeks. I'm planning on taking Trever with me so hopefully she doesn't cancel our appointment! At that appointment I will have a Group B Strep Test and they will check my cervix (sorry if this is too much information for you!). After that I will be going back every week until the baby decides to come.



The doctor also informed me that even though I have 6 weeks until my due date, I only have 3 weeks until I'm considered at term. That means that if I go in to labor after the 28th of May they will let me go and won't try to stop me from having the baby! I know that Mike V. picked a date in May for his guess in the baby betting last weekend at the shower. That might be pushing it a little bit.



The doctor also mentioned that she starts her next round of deliveries with a scheduled C-Section on May 26th. And apparently she delivers babies she camps out in the labor and delivery department. She mentioned that she will typically go about 3 weeks and not deliver a baby. But once she gets started she gets it all taken care of in a short amount of time. So, she expects us to go early just because that seems to be how it works for her timing.

Besides that, things have been going well. The baby is definately running out of room and has found a nice comfy spot to stick her foot near my rib cage. This afternoon she kicked me so hard that my enitre body literally moved in my chair. Normal activities are getting to be a little more difficult as I noticed last night when I tried to turn to look behind me as I backed my car in to the driveway and getting out of bed to pee 3+ times a night has become a bit of a chore. But overall I have been extremely lucky to have a fairly easy and uneventful pregnancy.

0 comments: