Thursday, May 28, 2009

Two more appointments

I've had two more doctor's appointments since we talked about the baby last. On May 20th we started our weekly check-ups. Trever went with me this time and got to sit behind the curtain while the doctor checked me and listened to the heartbeat. At that point the Doctor informed me that things were still pretty tight, but that the baby's head was definately down and I might be about 1 centimeter dialated.

I went back last night for another check. She said that I was "thinning out" but I got in a bit of trouble for not drinking enough. That's usually not a problem since I tend to drink all day, but since my special water bottle broke I've not been drinking as much because I have to refill more often. The baby's head is still down.

Many of our friends and family have us convinced that the baby is going to come early. However, the doctor thinks differently. She says most first time mom's go long and she has put her bet on June 20th. I'm sure the baby will let us know when she is ready!

Besides the doctor's appointments things are going pretty well. I have my days when I feel really good and then the next day it takes a lot of work to get off the couch at night to go to bed. As long as the weather stays cool I do ok, but my feet and ankles let me know when it's warming up! Let's just hope it stays cool for a few more weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you weren't supposed to drink at all when you were pregnant? Ha ha! Glad to hear everything is going well.

JT

the Voelker's said...

glad everything is going well and you still feel pretty good! I think (if you don't have little K by then) that you should come to our party and whoop it up with us and maybe that will start your labor, we can get to the hospital in no time from our house!!!!