Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back to the doctor

We went back to the doctor last night for our weekly check-up. Dr. Hannah noticed some significant changes since last weeks appointment which means Baby K is getting ready to make her appearance!

The first thing she noticed was that my stomach didn't seem as firm as it did last week. She measured the size of my uterus and it dropped from 37 inches last week to 36 inches this week (the general rule is that it measures 1 inch for each week of pregnancy and today is the start of week 38). That means that the baby has dropped farther down and would explain why it feels like she is seated comfortably on my bladder.

During the physical exam she checked my cervix and said that things were progressing nicely. I am not dialated at all, but my cervix is thinning out and I'm approxmiately 50% effaced, a little further along than last week.

She did say that there was a possibility that she would see us before our next appointment on Wednesday. We're having a hard time making sense of what she's thinking since she's been telling us that we'll most likely go past our due date. Last night she mentioned inducing me so that I don't go past my due date. But like Grandma said, this kid has a mind of it's own, and she'll let us know when she's done baking.

0 comments: