Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"What's in a name?"

Lots of you have asked us what we plan to name our baby. Apparently Bubba, Junior, Mini and Baby K aren't good enough for some of you. The real name will continue to be a secret until she comes out to meet the world.

However, we thought it might be fun to see what names our friends and family think we have in mind. Just leave us a comment with your guess on a first and middle name! And make sure it's a comment and not an e-mail so that everyone else can see what you are thinking!

Here are a few hints...

  • We have agreed on this name since our dating days.
  • It is short and can't be shortened any more (Trever's family has a tendency to shorten names :)
  • It will be spelled normally
  • It isn't extremely popular but you've all heard it before
  • It has some family connection on both sides of our family
  • It's not Wilda, Matilda, Minerva, Gilgamesh, or Zerle.
We're anxious to hear what you think!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Josh, isn't it!

Gwen T. said...

Lucy Lou?

Danielle said...

Emma Claire....it flows with your last name:)
(like I know, but I like it!!!)

Anonymous said...

Claire Marie

Anonymous said...

Kay Shols says Katie Lynn Kuiper

Trever & Krista said...

One more thing, don't forget to tell us who you are! There seem to be a lot of you with the name Anonymous!

Random Shuffle said...

I'm assuming that since I got it correct you just want to make sure that it's me. I said Claire Marie.

Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad B say, "She will always be Mini to us."

LeRoyMarian said...

I love Claire if that is what you choose.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Carol B Sara Marie Kuipers unless you're naming her Carol after your two Aunt Carols? I'm sure she will be very special whatever you name her.

Jeanie (Marie) Ficklin said...

I've been thinking ever since yesterday. My first thought was Sara, and I'll stay with that. For some reason, I do think Marie flows with it........

LeRoyMarian said...

And Krista . .never underestimate what people can do to a name. We all turned Daniel Eugene Guth to Gener the day he was born. And how could you mess with something as simple as J.P., but his friends called him every thing from Jape to PJ to Peej.

the Voelker's said...

I've been thinking....not sure on a first name, not sure if you will continue the "K" thing the Builta's have going....middle name, I would say Marie,it just flows as a great middle name. What about "Kay" as a first name???? We are back in town from our trip to Indy, make sure Trever has our phone numbers in his phone!!!! I went to the hospital a few days ago to help mom do communion for some church members taht were patients there, so I've got my bearings down on where to go!!!!