Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A day at the Lake!

Last Saturday we took Claire to visit Uncle Kenneth, Aunt Kathi and Cousin Kara at Lake Mattoon. Unfortunately someone (her father) thought she was too little to get in the water, and they don't make life jackets that little so she couldn't go on a boat ride either. But she looked awfully darn cute playing the part!

We started out the day in her little beach outfit that Grandma Marge bought at a garage sale. Before leaving home she decided to vomit all over it. Then we changed in to her Ron Jon Surf Shop outfit from "Aunt" Lori & "Uncle" Tom. Before we got to the lake she decided to fill her drawers and let a good amount seep out on to her nice white outfit. Once we got to the lake she got wardrobe change 3 of the day in to her adorable swimsuit, cover-up and sun hat from Aunt Kathi and Kara.

Here she is in her adorable swimsuit!


Kara and her friend Amy had a good time playing with Claire. The girls and Jake hung out with Claire while Trever and I went for a boat ride. When we got back she had outfit #4 of the day on. Luckily it was because she had gotten a little damp from sitting on laps of people wearing wet swimsuits, not because she'd had another accident.



I took my camera with me when we went on our boat ride. Here is a picture of my handsome husband with the wake splashing in the background.



In other news, Claire and her daddy survived their first night without me Monday night while I was on a trip to St. Louis for work. Everyone survived and Claire was in a great mood when I got home last night! We're heading to Springfield Friday for the Illinois State Fair and we are looking forward to introducing our little girl to lots of our friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture of my sweetie in the hat! She is such a cutie! I hope you put that one on the Kodak Gallery so I can get it.
I do agree with Trever that she's too little to go in the lake water. Who knows what bacteria or bug she could pick up.
Glad to hear Trever & Claire got along all right while you were in St. Louis.
Love ya,
Aunt Carol B.

the Voelker's said...

O my goodness, she looks so cute in the swimsuit outfit and she looked like a natural hanging out on the deck! FYI....we had our kiddos out on the lake the first summer they were born, put them to sleep everytime! No wonder my kids are fish! Glad to hear Trever and Claire survived the overnite escapade without mommy--did you get a good nights sleep at the hotel??

MJ said...

Her swimsuit is adorable! Does she at least get some pool time at the hotel this weekend?