Sunday, September 6, 2009

Claire's Baptism

Today was Claire's special day. We have been planning for this day for quite a while and were very lucky to have so many family members and friends join us in church this morning. We have been practicing for her baptism during bath time and she was such a trooper that she slept through the entire service.

Claire is a very lucky little girl to have such a special God-family. The Voelker family has been a very big part of my life since I was little. Ria use to babysit for Kirk and me and Mike worked for my dad. They lived in the tennant house on the farm and we spent lots of time together. It's hard to explain our relationship, but I just tell people that they might as well be family.

Here is Mike, Ria, Graham, Graysen, Pastor Liz, Trever, Claire & Krista.


Our family

Claire was at least the 4th generation to wear this gown. Her great-grandma read wore it as well as Great-Uncle Roger, Uncle Kirk and me.

Claire got all kinds of very nice gifts, including some Harley clothes from her God-father!

The Builta Family

The Kuipers family

We had a wonderful day surrounded by our friends and family. Claire got to meet some people for the very first time including her Great-Aunt Janet and the McIntyre family. Our little church was busting at the seems today and the regular crowd loved the sound of litte voices during the service.









1 comments:

the Voelker's said...

It was a great day! Everything went smooth, Michael said I hogged Claire (too funny) I didn't want to disturb her sleeping! I agree on trying to explain our whole relationship, we are family! Should we start planning now for the ex-employee/temp seasonal employee Christmas party??!!!