Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Since last time...

It has been over 2 weeks since my last post. We've been on the go most of that time just living life. No trips to Ohio, no big outings, nothing too fancy. But I do know how much I love reading other blogs, so I want to try to update you guys on our life. And, Trever and I both love getting comments, so click on the comment button and leave us some love!

Since things haven't been too exciting I had to get my calendar out to see what we've done since my last post. How about some bullet points...

  • We went to Grandma Builta's for dinner before everyone left for Florida.
  • I had a Glucose test for Gestational Diabetes. It was like a big sugar high and then a big crash afterwards. I haven't heard any results so I just keep eating sweets like they are good for me!
  • We had our first childbirth class. There were 3 moms, a sister/support person, and Trever in attendance. Yes, he was the only boy!
  • I took in the outlet mall with Marla and Jeremiah. I got some awesome deals! A pair of $70 boots for $17 and some goodies at the Children's Place for $2.99 each! Then I hit the mall in Champaign in search of some maternity clothes that don't look like tents...grrr.
  • We are almost finished up with bible study. Next week will be our last week until fall.
  • Our second childbirth class...we were the only two that showed up this time.
  • I took Shelbie (my little sister through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program) out for dinner and ice cream, and of course we had to squeeze some grocery shopping in too.
  • We went to the Chatsworth Fish Fry and then out for drinks with Aunt Phylis, Virginia and Janice.
  • Saturday I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom from top to bottom while Trever worked outside.
  • We took in our first Danforth Blue Ribbon Pork Chop Dinner.
  • We started registering for baby gifts but have a long ways to go!
  • Church
  • Scrapbooking
  • Pizza with Greg & Kathy
  • Church again for lenten service.

This week has been a bit more relaxing. Bible Study was cancelled this week so that gave us Monday and Tuesday night off. Tonight we were suppose to have a doctor's appointment, but it was also cancelled since my doctor was sick. We're off to Gibson tonight for a little grocery shopping, dinner, and our LAST childbirth class! Tonight is the hospital tour and the video of delivery. I'll have to update you on how Trever handles that. I'm sure if it was an animal he would have no problems. But, he gets a little weirded out with the human aspect of things! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love reading what you guys are up to also! Has it been determined to difinitly be a girl? Also, when are you due?

We have a girl (grandbaby) due June 22nd, so I'm working on baby blankets like crazy!

the Voelker's said...

Good for you guys for attending the childbirth classes! Who taught them? If we get the house bought in GC that we want, we will be super close to the hospital so we may be your first visitors!! Relax and enjoy your couple time together!