Friday, April 10, 2009

An update on Bubba!

Bubba is one of the many names this kid has been given in the last few months. It's probably my favorite too since my favorite 2 year old anounced to his parents that Krista's baby was named Bubba! Although, I will give my parents credit with coming up with the Mini Kuipers thing, not bad.

Whatever you want to call her, it sure feels like she is going to be a soccer player. She has been getting quite a workout lately. The doctor tells us that will slow down before too long, but right now it feels like she is running out of room in there. I can feel her moving quite a bit and can also see the ripples in my stomach from time to time! There have been a couple of times I'm pretty sure my entire body shook from the force of her kick!

After a little bit of doctor drama, we made it to our appointment on Wednesday night. I figured dragging Trever to the doctor's office with me was the only way I could get him to take me out for my birthay! After the appointment we took a trip next door to the hospital where I met my favorite blood sucker yet! He hit my vein on the first attempt and I didn't feel a thing! While he went off to run some tests on my blood, Trever and I headed to the Bayern Stube for dinner! It was delicious! After dinner we headed back to the hospital so I could get a shot. Woohoo! Happy Birthday to me! I have an Rh negative blood type which means I lack certain antibodies in my blood. Since there is a very slim chance that the baby could be Rh positive, I had to have a Rhogam shot so that my body wouldn't reject the baby if it's blood somehow got in to my bloodstream during delivery. The doctor had me pretty freaked out about it, but it wasn't so bad. If only labor and delivery felt like a quick stick in the arm. The cool thing about going to the Labor & Delivery department to get the shot was that we got to meet a lot of the nursing staff. We were there right at shift change so we met several of them. They were in for a long night since there were no babies in the nursery and none expected to come in overnight either.

For the next 6 weeks I will be going to the doctor every 2 weeks. After 36 weeks I will start going every week until the baby decides to make her appearance.

Monday morning we will be going in for a second ultrasound. Hopefully she wont be as shy this time and we'll be 100% positive she really is a she! Look for more ultrasound pictures next week!

1 comments:

the Voelker's said...

Graysen will be happy to hear you are calling her "bubba." That is our nick-name for Graysen, we have a Bubba and a Cooter. Right there with you on the Rh shot, had to have that also! Is Marsha Warsaw still in Labor/Delivery at the hospital?