Monday, April 27, 2009

Babymoon!



I know that I brag about my husband often, but he totally deserves it! This weekend he earned more MAJOR husband points. It will take several years of me going to cattle sales to earn any wife points near what he did!






While we were on our honeymoon we decided that we wanted to make it a point to go on an anniversary trip every year. It didn't have to be a big trip, but just a little time away for just the two of us. Since our first anniversary is so close to the due date of our first baby, we decided to take a short trip a little before May 31st.






We decided a few weeks ago that we were going to head for Chicago the weekend of April 25th. It would be celebrate our anniversary/my birthday/our baby. The hardest part was that I gave up total control to Trever to make all decisions. If you know me well, I'm a planner, and it was very hard to trust that he had it all figured out!






Let me tell you, he had it ALL figured out!

We left home around 10:15 Saturday morning and headed north. We stopped in Matteson and had lunch at Fuddruckers . Then we headed in to the city and dropped our car and luggage off at valet parking.






For the next hour or so we wondered around downtown Chicago. We went to Nordstroms where we tried to find the perfect dress for our baby to wear to Kevin & Nicole's wedding. We also stopped at a couple of fancy jewlery stores where they offered as drinks! You know you can't afford anything when they offer you a free beverage just for walking in their store! We also checked out Trader Joe's and Cosi which are places I've heard about in my blog stalking so I had to check them out myself!






We then headed back to the hotel and checked in. We relaxed for a little bit before we had some place to be at 4. I had no idea where Trever was taking me, he only told me that it was about 5 blocks from the hotel.






So, we checked out our trusty map quest page and headed back toward Michigan Avenue. When we turned the corner, a sign just happened to catch my eye that said Day Spa. (This is where he got the MAJOR husband points) We went in this building that was just off of Michigan Avenue and had to check in at the front door. We headed up to the forth floor where I was greeted with "are you here for your pregnancy massage" in a very thick European accent. Trever had done his research and found this day spa online and scheduled me an amazing pregnancy massage! The next hour felt wonderful! It also felt like the shortest hour ever! Trever went next door and had a drink and was waiting on me when I came out!






We returned to our hotel where we showered and got gussied up for a night out. Trever tells me that the next reservation was for him, but I enjoyed it an awful lot myself. We had dinner reservations at Lawry's for Prime Rib. The menu was pretty simple, you could choose between prime rib or prime rib. For someone who isn't a huge fan of prime rib, this meal was wonderful! They start you out with a Spinning Salad Bowl and then they carve the prime rib at your table. You also get mashed potatoes, gravy, and Yorkshire pudding.




Following dinner we wondered around for a while before heading back to the hotel so I could put on more comfortable shoes! Then we ended up at Rock Bottom Brewery for dessert before heading back to crash after a long day.




Sunday morning we "slept in" and had a nice breakfast at the hotel. We decided that we were ready to head back to the country and were going to make a couple of stops to do some shopping on the way home. We were apparently so engrossed in conversation that we missed the first stop. We hit Kankakee just before 11 and did some shopping there. We ate lunch at one of our favorite Kankakee restaurants, Beef O'Brady's and then stopped by Trever's work for a while. We ended up getting home around 4.




We had a wonderful weekend...just the two (or 3) of us. We have some exciting things coming up the next few weekends as we continue to anticipate Junior's arrival!




Here are the only pictures I took all weekend! It's hard to take pictures when neither one of us wants to be in the picture alone!
Courtesy of the self time feature on the camera!
Again, I'm not overly confident in sharing these types of pictures, but figure I might as well give you guys what you want! This is Junior and me at 32 weeks 2 days! The lady at the front desk was worried that I was going to have the baby this weekend!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Yeah for Trever! Yes, I certainly think he deserves major husband points on this outing!

the Voelker's said...

what a wonderful trip you guys had! Thanks for the pregnancy pictures, I know it is killing you to post them, but you will appreciate them in future years. Can't wait to see you this weekend!