Monday, May 28, 2012

Holiday?

When we heard talk of the upcoming holiday, we had to stop and think about what the people around us were talking about.  Afterall, we had just celebrated Easter when this whole journey started.  It's hard to believe that today was Memorial Day.  Like Trever said in an earlier post, in our minds it is still late April, not nearly June. 

Memorial Day was another restful day for Kelson.  Trever and I headed to the hospital and hung out in our normal chairs between Kelson's isolette and the nurse's office.  We visited with the doctor and his staff during rounds and they mentioned changing his ventilator settings again and they were going to keep everything else the same.  We spent the morning balancing checkbooks, paying bills and asking our nurse LOTS of questions about life in the NICU.

Mid-afternoon brought our only visitors for the day. Mom, Dad & Claire brought Grandma Great for a short visit.  Then, believe it or not....WE LEFT THE HOSPITAL.  This was the first night we had left the hospital "early".  We took off about 4:15, ran a few errands and went back to Mom and Dad's and made supper.  This was only the 2nd meal I had cooked in the last 34 days, unless you count making a ham sandwhich and salad in the Carle Cafeteria cooking. 

Trever helped dad pick up the round bales that were baled yesterday, I lost a game of chutes and ladders to Claire (but creamed her in Candy Land) and now it's time to hit the sack.

Tomorrow could be a big day.  Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do wish you luck, but I'm not sure what for. I had the pictures of Kelson from facebook developed at Walgreens today. They came out really good. He is such a sweet looking baby. Still anxious to see his whole face without a ventilator. Love you! Carol

Anonymous said...

Good luck today! Glad he had another uneventful day yesterday!!! Too funny about the game playing with Claire!

Ria

LeRoyMarian said...

Not sure why, but I will wish you good luck any day, any time!

Anonymous said...

best of luck to u all! please keep posting if it the same it keeps me up to date with u all I feel bad that I haven't made it down there to see u all when I do I hope to kid nap Claire for a few hours.miss u all!
Mary