Saturday, May 12, 2012

Overwhelmed with support

The day started with a good phone call to the NICU. Kelson had remained stable all night. Krista and I left early to get to the hospital. After checking on Kelson, and getting the morning report, I left to go help the moving crew. Krista stayed with Kelson.

As I pulled up to our house, I was shocked by the amount of cars. I never got a complete count, but there were over 30 people and 5 trailers ready to work. I couldn't even say HI to everyone. The entire process took less than 3 hours, including everyone eating lunch. I cannot even begin to thank all of the people who brought food, packed boxes, carried furniture, and cleaned. I wish I could list the names of everyone there, but I fear I would forget someone. Krista and I are simply overwhelmed with the support.

We also want to thank everyone who has sent cards and gifts. It has taken me over an hour to just go through all of our mail.

Kelson had a pretty good day. The St. Peters came to visit from Iowa, and Kristas cousin Dana came up from St Louis with her boyfriend Blake. Kelson still has a lot of secretions from his lungs that mess with the ventilator, but the medical staff has been working very hard to keep his breathing tube clear. They also turned down the amount of suction on his chest tube, and are working on weaning him off the pain meds. His feedings have started again, and he is up to 7 mL per hour.

It was great to see many friends today, and we are happy to have Kelson back on the right track. We are looking forward to Kristas first Mothers Day as a mother of Two!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are continuing to pray for you all and I hope Krista has a wonderful mothers day. We are always thinking of you and saying extra prayers. (((hugs)))

Traci-kohl-Mussman

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear he is back on track!! Happy Mother's Day, Krista!!!!

Love,

Ria

Anonymous said...

Randy and I have you all in our prayers! Clair told me all about being a big sister the other day at Ms. Marys,Shes so precious, God will get you all through this, just never give up faith *hugs

-the Eichlers

Larry & Kathy said...

Just a note to let you know you are in our prayers and hope everything keeps going good for you. Happy Mother's Day Krista!

Larry & Kathy