Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Breathing

I made my daily early morning phone call to the hospital this morning, and received some awesome news. Overnight, they had decided to remove the nasal cannula, since he was not keeping it in very well, and he was doing excellent. Kelson is now breathing 100% on his own without any support.

It was exciting to get to the hospital this morning and see him with more tubes gone. Now the only thing he has is the feeding tube and monitors. I gave him his first feeding of the day. This morning he ate 20 mL. Today they also started weaning the octreotide.
The surgical NP also stopped by and told me she was going to schedule his hernia surgery, since he wad doing so well.

This afternoon Kelson ate 36 mL of food during Kristas feeding, which is a record for him. Tonight the nurses will also work on 2 bottle feedings, for a total of 4 bottle feedings a day.

I am looking forward to getting to bed a bit early tonight so we can do it all over again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Ria

Marla said...

As I told someone else yesterday, Kelson is a rock star!!!! What a strong willed little stud!

CW said...

Amazing! So happy to hear all your positive news lately. I pray he will get to see his new house soon!

Kayla Sain said...

So happy to hear what huge strides Kelson has made in just a few days! I really cant tell you how happy I am for your little family!