Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day

I woke up early this morning and did some more organizing and cleaning before the girls got up, and before we left for church. As I was working in the kitchen I heard a noise coming down the stairs. I was greeted by Claire, holding her new box of Princess Dominos, and her pink puppy dog Kikee. She was wide awake and ready to play. Even though we were kinda rushed to get to church, I laid down on the floor and played a quick game. It was a great way to kick off Fathers Day.

We went to the Bellflower United Methodist Church, the church Krista grew up in. Claire really enjoyed going down for Sunday School. After church, Kristas parents took Claire, and we headed to the hospital. Normally, Kelson eats the best at the 9 AM feeding, but he had not eaten very well today. Apparently, he was saving up his energy for me. Kelson ate his entire bottle at Noon! The only time has taken a full bottle has been for the nurses, so I think he was waiting until today to prove to me that he could do it. It was another great Fathers Day moment.

Kristas parents came just as he was finishing his bottle. He was wide awake, and Claire got to help me hold him, and put him in his swing. We had lunch in the cafeteria before they went home for naps.

Krista and I stopped to pick up a few items on our drive home, and then headed to Grandma Builtas house. Kristas grandmother was serving Fathers Day dinner. It was a great way to wind down the day.

I certainly enjoyed my first Fathers Day as a dad of Two. I look forward to many more years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day!!!

Ria

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great day!!!

Ria