Friday, June 22, 2012

Eat eat eat

Last night after I posted I went upstairs to brush my teeth. When I tried to turn on the water, nothing happened. At first, I just assumed Krista had broken the faucet, and was too embarrassed to tell me, so I went downstairs. However, there was no water there either. Oh the joys of home ownership. I tried a few different thing in the house, and nothing worked, so I decided it could wait until morning and went to bed.

Luckily, we figured out the problem at about 8:30 AM, and were able to restart our water pump. Thankfully it was a quick fix.

Kelson ate a full bottle at 6 AM for the nurse, and ate about half for me. He had a follow up eye exam, and again everything looked good, but he didn't like it very much.

We gave Kelson a bath before his 3 PM, so he was wide awake to eat. He finished his full bottle for Krista.

Yesterday he ate 75% of his feedings by mouth. If he does that again today, they might pull the feeding tube, an just let Kelson eat what he wants.

We also brought in the car seat today, so we can do the car seat test. Because of the angle of the seat, Kelson has to sit in his car seat for an hour without dropping his heart rate. If he has issues with this we would need a car bed, but there shouldn't be any problems.

Tonight we went to Onarga and Gilman to meet with my parents and pick a few things up. It made for a late night, so we are definitely ready for the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great news on Mr. K....welcome to country living on the water issue. That is one of the reasons I enjoy town living...I should always have water...lol!!! See you guys later today!

Ria

Kayla Sain said...

Im so excited that Kelson is doing so well!!! I really cant wait until you get the feeling of wheeling him out of that NICU to go home with you! Hang in there just a little longer!